[SOLVED] Can I use a newly created Microsoft account to log into my computer after resetting Windows 10?

typicalsweg

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
I want to reset windows to factory default to help speed my pc up a bit. having some problems after a cpu install, and I have tried everything so i figure a windows reset needs to be done as another option. my pc is slow to begin with so i need this anyway. the email that i use to log into my windows pc was hacked recently and i can no longer access it, so if any trouble happens and microsoft has to send me something i wont be able to view it. I created a new microsoft account and i was wondering if i can use that instead after i reset windows.

Solution
Did you forget your password? The only two credentials are your user name (typically the e-mail address you used to create the account initially, which is what you're aiming to change once you're in) and the password. There is a recovery option for forgotten passwords that can work not through e-mail, but a smartphone.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Did you forget your password? The only two credentials are your user name (typically the e-mail address you used to create the account initially, which is what you're aiming to change once you're in) and the password. There is a recovery option for forgotten passwords that can work not through e-mail, but a smartphone.

Solution