[SOLVED] Can I use a PCIe adapter with my graphics card ?

Khalil4life

Reputable
Jun 7, 2020
Hey everyone, my graphics card is gtx 650 ti boost twin frozr iii and my power supply has enough watts, 450W but it's missing the PCIe cable and I found today someone on the internet selling this PCIe cable which I assume it plugs into my motherboard instead of power supply and supplies my GPU with the power it needs.

So will that work ? my motherboard is foxconn h67a-s and if the cable won't work with my motherboard then is there another cable ? and if it does work, will my performance change badly or will it be the same ?

Solution
it's missing the PCIe cable and I found today someone on the internet selling this PCIe cable which I assume it plugs into my motherboard instead of power supply and supplies my GPU with the power it needs.
BTW - that is PCIE riser. It's used in cryptocurrency mining setups. It does not provide necessary power to graphics cards, that require additional power with PCIE power cable.

81prO9WtqGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
No, i would not use that PSU with any system, let alone one using a 650ti and a pcie adapter.

That PSU is rated as a 450w but only has 216w on the 12v rail, which is where modern electronics draw the vast majority of their power from. That PSU is maybe a 250w at best.

Qmax is not a trusted name aswell.

Reactions: Khalil4life
it's missing the PCIe cable and I found today someone on the internet selling this PCIe cable which I assume it plugs into my motherboard instead of power supply and supplies my GPU with the power it needs.
BTW - that is PCIE riser. It's used in cryptocurrency mining setups. It does not provide necessary power to graphics cards, that require additional power with PCIE power cable.

Reactions: Khalil4life
Solution

Khalil4life

Reputable
Jun 7, 2020
No, i would not use that PSU with any system, let alone one using a 650ti and a pcie adapter.

That PSU is rated as a 450w but only has 216w on the 12v rail, which is where modern electronics draw the vast majority of their power from. That PSU is maybe a 250w at best.

Qmax is not a trusted name aswell.
That's a 220w psu with a 450w badge.

Its not good enough to run a 650ti boost which is a 140w card.

Okay, Thank you all for the help.