Question Can I use a power supply unit with a travel adapter?

Abhisek_3

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016
Hi, I just bought a Corsair TX650M and found out that it has a british plug (Type G). Now I live in India and here the voltage rating is the same but the plugs are of Type D. Can I run a gaming (Ryzen 3600, 1660Super, 16 GB DDR4) PC just by using a Travel Adapter with my PSU to connect it to my outlet(it's an UPS - APC 1100VA)? Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
You should ideally match the plug with the wall socket In your case, you're going to be rewarded by having a grounding pin that connects to the grounding wire in your apartment/crib's grounding wire. The socket being replaced would reveal if you have a grounding wire to begin with.

For the sake of reference, what is the make and model of your travel adapter?

Abhisek_3

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016
You should ideally match the plug with the wall socket In your case, you're going to be rewarded by having a grounding pin that connects to the grounding wire in your apartment/crib's grounding wire. The socket being replaced would reveal if you have a grounding wire to begin with.

For the sake of reference, what is the make and model of your travel adapter?

This is what Amazon says:
Hi-PLASST Dual USB Charger with Universal 2-Pin &3-PIN Socket Worldwide Adapter 10A, Indian Pin Plug(White)

Sg9YF5.jpg