Question Can I use A-RGB fans on my AiO, even tho the original fans don't have A-RGB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencious

Prominent
Jun 11, 2022
Hello,

first off, I'm new to this forum and I'm currently working on my first PC. I'm sorry if a answer to this question already exists, but I haven't / couldn't find anything about it.

So here's my question:

I'm planning to buy the Pure Loop 2 from Be Quiet.
I have a Deepcool Matrexx 70 3f case and I want the fans to match (This case is using the Cooler Master CF120 fans [3x120mm] at the front and one at the back). They're all A-RGB while the Pure Loop 2 doesn't uses A-RGB fans. I know that you can swap fans on the most AiOs, but I'm not sure if that'll work If the original fans don't have A-RGB (They're 3x120mm Silent Wings 2).

Specs:
-Cooler Master Matreex 70 3f
-B550-F Gaming Wifi
-Ryzen 7 5800x
-Pure Loop 2 (hopefully with RGB fans)
-2x1tb Samsung 980 pro
-G. Skill Trident Z RGB 64gb (2x32gb) 3200mhz
-RTX 3080 MSI VENTUS x3
-Be Quiet Straight Power 11 750W 80+ Platinum

Thanks for all answer (or questions), I would really appreciate them! :)

So does that mean that I basically just have to plug in the rbg cable(?) into the controller / mb and the 4 pin into the 4 pin?
Your fans lighting type to match the type of the header on the MB.
Power for fan motors is separate.
RGB fans to RGB header
ARGB fans to ARGB header.
Your MB has both types.
2 x Aura RGB Strip Header(s)
1 x Addressable Gen 2 header(s)

Reactions: Valencious

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you want the CPU cooler fan's lighting patterns to match the case fans' you need to connect its lighting cable to the same lighting Controller output as the case fans use.

Check this detail carefully. A CPU cooler unit with fine fins to blow air through needs a fan designed for higher resistance to air flow than a fan designed for case ventilation purposes. Usually this is spec'd in terms of air PRESSURE for the fan, in units of mm of water. (It is really the max backpressure the fan can push some air flow through.) For case fans this may be under 1.5 mm, but for CPU coolers is should be over that, and preferably over 2 mm. Unfortunately I could not find specs for either the Pure Loop 2 fans you say are on your CPU cooler, or the Cooler Master CF120 fans you say are in your case, so I cannot compare the two. Often, it seems, makers use fans for CPU coolers and cases that are NOT what they sell as just plain fans to users, so they don't include them in their web site fan lists and provide specs for them. MAYBE their respective Tech Support guys can get that info for you to help you decide if the substitute fans you propose can work for that CPU cooler application. Or MAYBE the beQuiet people can tell you what model in their ARGB-lighted line can be substituted for the unlighted one on their CPU cooler.

Reactions: Valencious
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS