[SOLVED] Can i use a slim custom radiator with an AIO due to case restrictions?

HeartOfAdel

Commendable
Apr 7, 2021
I own a case that doesn't fit the regular 27mm radiators on top of it. I want to know if this is possible to buy a high end 240mm AIO for cooling 9th or 10th gen i9s and use that kind of radiator Slim radiator ? Can you recommend me best AIOs that could be used with that custom thingy? Are there any subtleties that define compatability? And what should i be aware of in general?

Solution
if this is possible to buy a high end 240mm AIO for cooling 9th or 10th gen i9s and use that kind of radiator Slim radiator ?

Possible? No.

AIOs come as a complete set and they don't have interchangeable parts. If you do cut open AIO tubing, to switch out the rad, you'll never get the seal back right, leaving leakage risks. Also, AIO pumps are designed with the restrictions of their own radiator. Oh, you'll also void AIO warranty if you cut it open.

The slim rad you linked, is part of the open loop, which you can build yourself, with pump, reservoir, tubing and fittings.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
if this is possible to buy a high end 240mm AIO for cooling 9th or 10th gen i9s and use that kind of radiator Slim radiator ?

Possible? No.

AIOs come as a complete set and they don't have interchangeable parts. If you do cut open AIO tubing, to switch out the rad, you'll never get the seal back right, leaving leakage risks. Also, AIO pumps are designed with the restrictions of their own radiator. Oh, you'll also void AIO warranty if you cut it open.

The slim rad you linked, is part of the open loop, which you can build yourself, with pump, reservoir, tubing and fittings.

Solution