[SOLVED] Can I use a Y-fan connector on my Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE motherboard?

Mar 18, 2020
I just bought this motherboard and a case with 4 fans (corsair carbide spec-delta rgb), but the board only has 3 system fan connectors. Does 1 system fan connector give enough power to 2 fans?

Solution
In almost all cases, yes.

A typical fan header is 1A (generally), with most consumer-grade fans requiring ~0.25A, so you can run up to 3-way splitters (again, generally). That's also why you can find 2 & 3-way splitters easily, but >3 are harder to come by.

Some fans can be high-amperage, requiring ~1A themselves, but you don't typically find those in consumer-grade fans....and certainly not with fans 'included' with a case.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

A typical fan header is 1A (generally), with most consumer-grade fans requiring ~0.25A, so you can run up to 3-way splitters (again, generally). That's also why you can find 2 & 3-way splitters easily, but >3 are harder to come by.

Some fans can be high-amperage, requiring ~1A themselves, but you don't typically find those in consumer-grade fans....and certainly not with fans 'included' with a case.

Solution
Mar 18, 2020

Alright, thanks for the help!