Can i use all my monitors as a desktop on one computer?

oronor24

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Ok i connected two monitors on my pc , i have one next to my bed when i sleep and one on my office , i want to be able to use both of them as a desktop at the same time instead of extending the display or using only one of them as desktop , this will most likely mean that whatever happens on one monitor will also happen to the other , something like merging the display , is that possible?

Solution
Which windows are you using ?
If it's Windows 8 or higher you could hold Windows button and press P, till you go on duplicate.
But if both monitors are on different resolutions, it will auto switch to lowest resolution.

oronor24

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015

I use windows yes , my only options are extend display , show on desktop 1 or show on desktop 2 , i dont see duplicate these diplays option , why?

misteriosly

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Which windows are you using ?
If it's Windows 8 or higher you could hold Windows button and press P, till you go on duplicate.
But if both monitors are on different resolutions, it will auto switch to lowest resolution.

Solution

oronor24

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015

Yes im using windows 8 , i did that but it does nothing , its not working for some reason , any ideas?

Im using amd radeon r700

misteriosly

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
It is possible that your AMD driver is taking care of display properties.
Try this:
Display.png

oronor24

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015

Only one monitor is connected to the graphic card , the other is connected to the motherboard therefore catalyst center detects only one monitor. do i have to connect both to the graphic card?

misteriosly

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Yes, connect both to Video card.
It is even possible, that this prevents you from duplicate currently.
I guess then even with Windows you would be able to duplicate em without a problem.
Connect em both on video and check.