[SOLVED] Can I use an antenna with my phone?

Pookie_yeboi

Prominent
May 18, 2021
Currently I have a network provider for my home and cannot get a better plan.
The speed of the current plan is 10/10

Inside the house the speed I get with cellular data is around 4mbps to 10mbps
If I go outside and hold my phone at the height of the roof I get 46mbps with cellular and could probably get more If I climbed onto the roof.
I have an android and use PDANet+ to bypass restrictions. Is their any way to run an antenna to the roof so that at my computer I can get the 46 mbps
My computer is around 30ft away from the specific spot outside.
I have looked at signal boosters but my parents(not me) are worried about EMFS and dont want to go that rout

My idea is a usb hub that I plug my pc, phone, and antenna into
I run the antenna to the spot outside
and use pdaNET+ to run my phone as a hotspot and get the fast speeds.

Is the possible?

Solution
How do you connect a antenna to the phone almost none have any place to connect a antenna.

A antenna basically is a piece of wire in a special shape or length. It is not a electronic device.

So lets assume your phone had a antenna connector. You could then get one of the antenna tuned for cell tower frequencies. Log Periodic Yagi Antenna is what the better ones are called. You then get a long cable to hook the antenna to the phone that has the proper end connectors. Technically this is all possible but it will be expensive.
You need quality microwave rated coax cable so that you do not lose more signal in the wire than the antenna adds. What you likely want is called LMR-600. It most times is a couple dollars a foot...
How do you connect a antenna to the phone almost none have any place to connect a antenna.

A antenna basically is a piece of wire in a special shape or length. It is not a electronic device.

So lets assume your phone had a antenna connector. You could then get one of the antenna tuned for cell tower frequencies. Log Periodic Yagi Antenna is what the better ones are called. You then get a long cable to hook the antenna to the phone that has the proper end connectors. Technically this is all possible but it will be expensive.
You need quality microwave rated coax cable so that you do not lose more signal in the wire than the antenna adds. What you likely want is called LMR-600. It most times is a couple dollars a foot with extra changes to add the 2 ends you need.

There is nothing that is going to run a on USB cable, and USB can't go that distance anyway. What you are talking about is another device that would be the same as if you could mount your cell phone on the roof and run a ethernet cable back into the computer. They make these as outdoor routers but I suspect this is not a option because the ISP would then know you were trying to bypass their data caps.

Last edited:
Solution

Pookie_yeboi

Prominent
May 18, 2021

You need quality microwave rated coax cable so that you do not lose more signal in the wire than the antenna adds. What you likely want is called LMR-600. It most times is a couple dollars a foot with extra changes to add the 2 ends you need.

There is nothing that is going to run a on USB cable, and USB can't go that distance anyway. What you are talking about is another device that would be the same as if you could mount your cell phone on the roof and run a ethernet cable back into the computer. They make these as outdoor routers but I suspect this is not a option because the ISP would then know you were trying to bypass their data caps.
Thanks for the response it makes sense know. I knew that it would probably be an issue but didnt think it would be impossible