Can I use an rx 460?

anonymouscamel321

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
I want to get an RX 460 Radeon GPU. But I only have a 300 watt PSU, here are my specs.
RAM Memory: 8 gb
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad

Solution
Some AIB partner versions of the Radeon RX 460 do require a 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector because of their factory overclock.

The OP never specified the specific brand and model so it's better to be safe than sorry.

As an example the ASUS Radeon RX 460 STRIX OC 4 GB [STRIX-RX460-O4G-GAMING] draws an average of 91 Watts during gaming with peaks of 97 Watts using factory clock speeds. When running Furmark stability testing the card will draw 105 Watts.
Some AIB partner versions of the Radeon RX 460 do require a 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector because of their factory overclock.

The OP never specified the specific brand and model so it's better to be safe than sorry.

As an example the ASUS Radeon RX 460 STRIX OC 4 GB [STRIX-RX460-O4G-GAMING] draws an average of 91 Watts during gaming with peaks of 97 Watts using factory clock speeds. When running Furmark stability testing the card will draw 105 Watts.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS