Can I use an RX580 with a R5 2400g

jaysouza557025

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
I have a Ryzen 5 2400G. My build started as a budget build. I want to add a gpu to the system. I'm looking to pick up Rog Strix RX580 8Gb. I've seen something about Pcie lanes being restricted because the 2400G is an Apu. I really don't understand all of that. I really just want to be able to play Battlefield with the best graphics possible on the highest settings. Can i run an RX580 and how?

Solution
Yes you can. You'll be restricted to 8 PCI-E lanes instead of 16 (cause IGPU in the 2400G takes up 8), but that doesn't matter. Even cards double it's performance don't saturate the full 16 PCIE lanes.

So the difference between your restricted PCI-E lane count and the full 16x is nothing. Don't worry about it. You can play any of the battlefields at 1080P max settings.
Yes you can. You'll be restricted to 8 PCI-E lanes instead of 16 (cause IGPU in the 2400G takes up 8), but that doesn't matter. Even cards double it's performance don't saturate the full 16 PCIE lanes.

So the difference between your restricted PCI-E lane count and the full 16x is nothing. Don't worry about it. You can play any of the battlefields at 1080P max settings.

Solution