Can I use an ssd to PCIe adapter and have the SSD as the start disc?

Solution
I would be very, very surprised if an FM2 board would support PCIe booting, especially an FM2 board that was intended for the OEM market.

While not a direct comparison, you can get an idea from NVMe booting in general.
That AMD chipset (A75) predates Intel's first consumer-level chipset that supported native NVMe booting by about 3 years (2011 vs 2014).
Some BIOS revisions were released to allow NVMe booting (via PCIe adapters) for Z87.... a 2013 chipset.

So, given the A75 predates the earliest known consumer-level availability by a good 2 years, minimum.... I'd fully expect the answer to be no here.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I would be very, very surprised if an FM2 board would support PCIe booting, especially an FM2 board that was intended for the OEM market.

While not a direct comparison, you can get an idea from NVMe booting in general.
That AMD chipset (A75) predates Intel's first consumer-level chipset that supported native NVMe booting by about 3 years (2011 vs 2014).
Some BIOS revisions were released to allow NVMe booting (via PCIe adapters) for Z87.... a 2013 chipset.

So, given the A75 predates the earliest known consumer-level availability by a good 2 years, minimum.... I'd fully expect the answer to be no here.

Solution