can i use and old power bank

aidansmith152

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Can i use a power bank from my old pc as an exsternal power source so i can put another hardrive in my new pc and power it cause i dont have the power slots on new pc for another hard drive and nither dose my old one but if i use them both i can it would be helpful to know so i dont break something

By "power bank" are you talking about the power supply? Yes it should work as long as you have it turned on first, but it's not really a good idea, you will have a power supply sitting in the open and that can lead to all sorts of issues like some heavy duty shocks to you if you touch it and it's not grounded properly or if something spills on it, etc... Plus you will need to run the power cable inside your case from it. Better to just replace your power supply with one that has more connections.

Or you can just convert your current drive into an external one and use USB and a normal power brick.

aidansmith152

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
the old power supply is to small to fit also i would find a spot in box to put so its not exsposed also how do i turn it on thiere are no power buttions

You need to create your own connection for the power http://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick If you can fit a second power supply inside your case, you should just get a power supply with enough connectors.

aidansmith152

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017

I cant fit it i would put it where the dvd burner goes