Can I use any cpu cooler?

ramcom

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I have a Dell 8200 SFF which looks like this:
UT8LhWyXX8bXXagOFbXm.jpg

Are the mounting holes the same as lga 1155/1150 because I want to use a low profile cooler like the Noctua NH-L9i.

Solution
That looks like a BTX board to me, which was only on S775. I'm not aware of any newer boards using BTX.

Most cooler can support S755+. They all used the same mounting pattern so you should be fine. But I'd argue its way past time for an upgrade.

Edit: I take it back. It's still a BTX board because the I/O is flipped with the PCI slots. But you have dual PCIe 16x slots, and only a single MCH chip and not a NB/SB combo. This means it has to be something where the NB is moved into the CPU like more recent CPUs. Any modern cooler should be ok.
That looks like a BTX board to me, which was only on S775. I'm not aware of any newer boards using BTX.

Most cooler can support S755+. They all used the same mounting pattern so you should be fine. But I'd argue its way past time for an upgrade.

Edit: I take it back. It's still a BTX board because the I/O is flipped with the PCI slots. But you have dual PCIe 16x slots, and only a single MCH chip and not a NB/SB combo. This means it has to be something where the NB is moved into the CPU like more recent CPUs. Any modern cooler should be ok.

Solution

ramcom

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

It has an LGA 1155 CPU in it, i5 2500 ?