[SOLVED] Can I use DDR4 3200 with the ASRock B450M PRO4 + Ryzen 3 3200G ?

May 22, 2020
Hi folks,

Been a while since I built a desktop, I can't remember the rules to follow (so to speak) in choosing the right memory speed.

Is DDR4 3200 going to work with the ASRock B450M PRO4 + Ryzen 3 3200G ?

I know it's a simple, dumb question.

Much thanks.

Solution
Always look at the QVL (qualified vendor list) on the motherboard manufacturer support page for the particular motherboard, especially with AMD CPUs on B450 boards.

I'm sure that there is 3200MHz memory that will run well, just choose wisely to avoid issues. The Picasso CPUs are a little harder to find data on than the others though, you may be wise to select a memory and then contact the memory support techs for assurance.

RealBeast

Titan
Always look at the QVL (qualified vendor list) on the motherboard manufacturer support page for the particular motherboard, especially with AMD CPUs on B450 boards.

I'm sure that there is 3200MHz memory that will run well, just choose wisely to avoid issues. The Picasso CPUs are a little harder to find data on than the others though, you may be wise to select a memory and then contact the memory support techs for assurance.

Reactions: d1450
Solution
May 22, 2020
So I eventually found quite a few posts saying 3200mhz RAM will work just fine, stating that 2933mhz is the memory speed AMD supports best, paraphrasing, but should still work with 3200Mhz, and decided to buy the following combo:

Ryzen 3200G CPU
+
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
+
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 1x16GB Model 3200C16S-16GVK

Thanks much.

TRENDING THREADS