[SOLVED] can I use ddr4 3600mhz ram like the xpg spectrix d60g 16 gb with my 2700x cpu? on a 4 or 5 series motherboard?

Dec 21, 2019
I'm doing this because I want to futureproof my pc components, also whats the best build to futureproof everything except the cpu???

Solution
Sure, you can use it, but it's not going to run at that speed in all probability. NOTHING can be said for sure without knowing the exact model of the motherboard you intend to run this CPU and memory on.
If you want a good board without spending a lot of money then I'd recommend the MSI B450 Tomahawk max. If you want an X570 board, then I'd recommend the options given here at each price point.

If you're going to run a 2nd Gen Ryzen CPU then I'd stick to memory that is either 2933mhz or 3200mhz. 3600mhz memory can work with 2nd Gen Ryzen but you will likely end up reducing the speed manually to get them to work. That's fine if you plan to upgrade to a newer CPU later that supports faster memory but if it will be three or four years before that happens then by then we will probably be on to DDR5 anyhow and it would be pointless.

TRENDING THREADS