[SOLVED] Can I use Dual Gpu to use one for render

Aug 8, 2019
I have a plug-in for cinema4d that refuses to work with the RTX series of graphics cards. The program allows me to select what is used in the rendering, so is it at all possible to stick my old GTX 1060 into my system alongside my 2060 to use for rendering and nothing outside of that?
I've never seen a question like this before I know, it's weird. All slightly similar questions I've seen ask about the utilisation of both, however I only wish to use the 2060 outside of the render. Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated :D

Solution
Yes, you can run two different GPUs in the same system. I just so happened to be downloading the new GeForce driver that released today (for my GTX 1080 Ti) and noticed that it says supported products include every GT, GTX, and RTX GPU since the 600 series. So, you wouldn't even have to install a different driver, although you could if you had an AMD GPU along with your Nvidia. That also works to much surprise.
Yes, you can run two different GPUs in the same system. I just so happened to be downloading the new GeForce driver that released today (for my GTX 1080 Ti) and noticed that it says supported products include every GT, GTX, and RTX GPU since the 600 series. So, you wouldn't even have to install a different driver, although you could if you had an AMD GPU along with your Nvidia. That also works to much surprise.

Reactions: ayyneon
Solution
Aug 8, 2019
Thanks, I've read that it's particularly compatible on windows 10 with latest drivers, I'm just over complicating it and worrying too much haha, thanks very much :)