Question Can I use iGPU and dGPU for 2 different monitors?

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
Hello!
So I've got a laptop with both an iGPU and a dGPU in it. And I got this idea what if I buy a monitor, connect it to my laptop and somehow set it up to use my iGPU while my laptop screen uses just the dGPU? Is that possible? If it is then how to set it up?
Thanks to everyone who helps!

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Hello!
So I've got a laptop with both an iGPU and a dGPU in it. And I got this idea what if I buy a monitor, connect it to my laptop and somehow set it up to use my iGPU while my laptop screen uses just the dGPU? Is that possible? If it is then how to set it up?
Thanks to everyone who helps!
I’m not sure about laptops but I used to have a dell optiplex 3020 and I was able to do that if I enabled it in the bios

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
Well. In my iGPU settings I found that I can select display. But for my dGPU I only can do that for programs. So my theory is that my iGPU can be used for normal applications for both monitors and my dGPU can be set up to be used for games and some harder to run programs. I think that may work. But now I'd like to take a look at my BIOS and see if there is such an option like you said. How is that called exactly?