Question Can I use just 1 exhaust fan (no intakes) since i don't play games at all ?

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
Can I use just 1 exhaust fan (no intakes) since i don't play games at all ?

the motherboard has large heatsinks and i use a low power cpu too................only 2 RAM sticks and SSD.......

reason is so less dust will be collected since i bought a pc case that is hard to clean .............and you can't vacuum inside a pc, right ?

the air from the exhaust fan is cooler than the outside air too......................

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

We can move forward from there.

ok.......my pc is very basic so didn't think will matter ..............

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G

Motherboard: ASRock B450m Steel Legend

Ram: Crucial 3200mhz (2 x 8GB)

SSD: Crucial MX500 (250GB + 500GB)

GPU: none

PSU: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 550w

Chassis: Tecware Nexus M2

Can I use just 1 exhaust fan (no intakes) since i don't play games at all ?
reason is so less dust will be collected
Use intake fan instead - and with a dust filter in front of it.
Using only 1 exhaust fan will suck dust into the case through all possible cracks/openings.

Your case comes with 2 front intake fans and 1 rear exhaust fans preinstalled.
If you change to 1 exhaust fan, you'll end up with more dust (not less) in your pc case.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
Use intake fan instead - and with a dust filter in front of it.
Using only 1 exhaust fan will suck dust into the case through all possible cracks/openings.

Your case comes with 2 front intake fans and 1 rear exhaust fans preinstalled.
If you change to 1 exhaust fan, you'll end up with more dust (not less) in your pc case.

i see.............many thanks indeed ................i bought that case out of no choice ............i hate it..............1 front fan stopped working from day 1................

i bought that case out of no choice ............i hate it
Didn't seem that bad.
Why do you hate it exactly?

8517ed_ef43bf2d48c54336a46f9d5186b58316~mv2.png

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
Didn't seem that bad.
Why do you hate it exactly?

8517ed_ef43bf2d48c54336a46f9d5186b58316~mv2.png

i bought it due to space constraints and my top choices were out of stock ........only good thing is it is small - only 35cm long and 20cm wide

build quality and fit are not good ..............no front or top filter .........front panel very hard to remove and might break if i try too hard .........can only fit 1 SSD behind motherboard ..........impossible to use the HDD cage in the PSU shroud due to lack of space.........

i actually put the SSD on top of the PSU shroud