[SOLVED] Can I use my 1050ti on a freesync monitor?

Solution
so what you're saying is, I can use the monitor, but i wont have the freesync perks? also, what is YMMV?

I'm saying you can use the monitor, but your mileage may vary (YMMV) regarding the performance of the FreeSync 'perks'.

You can still setup G-Sync within Nvidia Control panel when connected to a FreeSync monitor via DisplayPort provided you have the latest driver (since driver v.417.71).

Not sure what the current position is, but there was potential for flickering etc, depending on the specific monitor. Not sure if those were teething issues early on, of if it's still the case.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
so what you're saying is, I can use the monitor, but i wont have the freesync perks? also, what is YMMV?

I'm saying you can use the monitor, but your mileage may vary (YMMV) regarding the performance of the FreeSync 'perks'.

You can still setup G-Sync within Nvidia Control panel when connected to a FreeSync monitor via DisplayPort provided you have the latest driver (since driver v.417.71).

Not sure what the current position is, but there was potential for flickering etc, depending on the specific monitor. Not sure if those were teething issues early on, of if it's still the case.

Solution

matthewperacio

Reputable
Dec 21, 2018

Ok thanks! heres the monitor btw https://www.amazon.com/AOC-C24G1-Frameless-DisplayPort-Adjustable/dp/B07GD7H18F