[SOLVED] Can i use my external soundcard for mic and onboard sound card for headphone at the same time???

May 17, 2019
Hello guys
I have a creative sound blaster x-fi go pro usb soundcard and i wanna use it only for my microphone as a recording device and i wanna put my headphone on my motherboard onboard soundcard as a playback device and use them at the same time just want to know does it works?

And between creative x-fi go pro and msi z390 ace which one has a better sound quality?

Solution
x-fi go pro is better as an input since it includes Noise reduction. As an output device, it's about the same as the onboard until you add the Software, that is where it shines but you need games that support those features to notice them.

In Windows 10 you can use anything it picks up as an audio source "Input/Output", you can also use multiple outputs simultaneously. Using 3rd party software you can use multiple input devices at the same time as well.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
x-fi go pro is better as an input since it includes Noise reduction. As an output device, it's about the same as the onboard until you add the Software, that is where it shines but you need games that support those features to notice them.

In Windows 10 you can use anything it picks up as an audio source "Input/Output", you can also use multiple outputs simultaneously. Using 3rd party software you can use multiple input devices at the same time as well.

Last edited:
Solution