[SOLVED] Can I use my laptop without an internal fan, but tape a fan from another laptop to the exhaust vent?

s355

Commendable
Mar 19, 2021
Can I use a fan from another laptop taped to the exhaust vent to compensate for the removed fan in my laptop?

Solution
A fan inside the laptop is placed at the spot it needs to cool down. It's normally directly on top of something hot. Placing the fan outside the laptop will not be the same.

Buy a replacement fan and watch a video on youtube of your laptop from someone opening it. After watching this it's easy to open and do it yourself.

Replacing parts in a laptop is fun.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I dont' think a fan on the outside is going to work like one inside the laptop.

How do you even know a fan went bad?
Did you open the laptop?
Is it under warranty?
If the laptop is older than 5 years old I would just trash it and get a new one, sell that one for parts................unless your handy and can replace the fan, its not worth paying somebody.

A fan inside the laptop is placed at the spot it needs to cool down. It's normally directly on top of something hot. Placing the fan outside the laptop will not be the same.

Buy a replacement fan and watch a video on youtube of your laptop from someone opening it. After watching this it's easy to open and do it yourself.

Replacing parts in a laptop is fun.

Solution