[SOLVED] Can i use my old dell dimension 8400 case?

Jul 11, 2020
Hello! Tom Hardware forum my first post here ,and I am wondering if i can use my old dell case to use in my new system that i'm building. Im asking becasue i want the case to still have the front panel connectors so i'm just wondering.

Solution
If the front panel has a ribbbon cable to it then it's Dells proprietary system which they change all the time and keep secret.
If it has separate connectors for each itiem like speaker, USB, power then it's ATX. Don't use the Dell PSU. The pinout will be wrong.
It most likely has Dells system which adds diagnostic LEDs that other ATX don't have. It should be ATX other than those 2 things.
If the front panel has a ribbbon cable to it then it's Dells proprietary system which they change all the time and keep secret.
If it has separate connectors for each itiem like speaker, USB, power then it's ATX. Don't use the Dell PSU. The pinout will be wrong.
It most likely has Dells system which adds diagnostic LEDs that other ATX don't have. It should be ATX other than those 2 things.

Solution