Can i use my Windows 7 Home premium Key on another Mainboard?

Fewer21

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
So i was building a whole new PC ~6 Months ago and bought Windows 7 Home Premium (OEM)
but now my Asrock Z77 Pro3 mainboard died and i bought a new Mainboard Asus P8z77-V LX because i lost the warranty my question is can i use the Key on this mainboard again or do i need to buy another key?

Any help appreciated

Fewer21

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

Thanks for the answer, but how can i prove them that it died?

jock1092

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Yes you can . Some will say no but i used OEM windows 7 64bit on my pc in march and upgraded my motherboard , then reinstalled and i am using it now.

The difference is you need to use the activation center normally , it will fail , then use the automated phone activation. Its a longer process but its still instant once your off the phone. If you make even the smallest hardware change after this though you will need to call again and might have to speak to a human but just go with its a mangled whatever the oem logo is and they will activate it again for free.

jock1092

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

blame dust or a bad psu or anything common like that they dont ask much. just adding
you can use oem on 1 board at a time but can reinstall on a new board easily.
i hads the same worrys as you last month but just used the steps i mentioned and now i am typing on my oem on mobo number 2 which is officially acitvated