Apr 1, 2022
I have a Corsair Hydro 100i AIO, 240mm Radiator with 120mm fans. I'm trying to use the H510 Elite's case fans as the primary fan for the radiator. Is this viable or should I just stick with the fans I got with the AIO?

Solution
I'd suspect the standard case fans don't generate good static pressure for the radiator. They'll probably work but not as well as the ones included with the cooler. You might look through NZXT's offerings. They may sell fans meant for radiators (high static pressure) which match the 510 case fans.
I'd suspect the standard case fans don't generate good static pressure for the radiator. They'll probably work but not as well as the ones included with the cooler. You might look through NZXT's offerings. They may sell fans meant for radiators (high static pressure) which match the 510 case fans.

Reactions: 100Dumplings
Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's exactly right. case fans are designed to move a lot of air a long way through the case. this is known as dynamic pressure.

radiator/heatsink fans are designed to push a lot of air a very short distance. known as static pressure.

get the right fan for the right job for best performance. :)

Reactions: 100Dumplings