[SOLVED] Can I use old Hard Drives?

Patolek

Prominent
Apr 7, 2020
I have an old PC which has one 1TB hard drive which I have used over the years. My question is, what happens if I unplug that drive and put it on my new PC (that already has its own hard drives), will I be able to view everything that’s inside the drive from my new computer?

Solution
I have an old PC which has one 1TB hard drive which I have used over the years. My question is, what happens if I unplug that drive and put it on my new PC (that already has its own hard drives), will I be able to view everything that’s inside the drive from my new computer?
Depends what is on it and where, but probably, yes.

For instance, if this was the old OS drive, some of the data may be stuck in old user accounts.
You'd have to go through TakeOwnership of those locations to access that data.

USAFRet

Titan
Depends what is on it and where, but probably, yes.

For instance, if this was the old OS drive, some of the data may be stuck in old user accounts.
You'd have to go through TakeOwnership of those locations to access that data.

Solution