[SOLVED] Can i use simulated sine wave for Corsair RM850x?

Pronalt

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
Im looking for a line interactive UPS and i found this:

APC BVX2200LI-GR

Can i use this model with my end game rtx 3080 + 5900x pc and playstation 5? In the future im going to upgrade my PSU. Or should i buy pure sine wave? But i couldn't find any line interactive pure sinewave models. There are only online models which is using pure sine wave. Please help me. Is that simulated/modified/stepped sine wave harmful? I paid a lot and i don't want to burn anything.

And is that APC better than FSP FP2000?

Solution

APC BVX2200LI-GR

Can i use this model with my end game rtx 3080 + 5900x pc and playstation 5? In the future im going to upgrade my PSU. Or should i buy pure sine wave? But i couldn't find any line interactive pure sinewave models. There are only online models which is using pure sine wave. Please help me. Is that simulated/modified/stepped sine wave harmful? I paid a lot and i don't want to burn anything.

Yes. Of course.

And even if the PSU isn't compatible (which is VERY rare), you don't "burn" anything. The PSU just shuts off when the UPS goes into battery mode unless it's a really, really, really cheap piece of garbage with zero protections.

APC BVX2200LI-GR

Yes. Of course.

And even if the PSU isn't compatible (which is VERY rare), you don't "burn" anything. The PSU just shuts off when the UPS goes into battery mode unless it's a really, really, really cheap piece of garbage with zero protections.

And is that APC better than FSP FP2000?

Well, the FSP claims to have faster switch over time and a shorter recharge time than the APC, but the FSP does not have a Joule rating. So you have to wonder, "does it have surge protection?"

Reactions: Pronalt
Solution

Pronalt

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
Yes. Of course.

Well, the FSP claims to have faster switch over time and a shorter recharge time than the APC, but the FSP does not have a Joule rating. So you have to wonder, "does it have surge protection?"

Thank you so much!

Can i sleep in the same room with ups? I mean i read something and it was saying it could be harmful for human body.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
To be really useful and to have the internet still running during a power cut, you would need the router to be connected to the UPS, thankfully it has four mains outlets

The question should be whether they're compatible, but whether it should run for 8 hours under heavy loads during a power cut. Let me know if it does if you get it

Pronalt

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
You're confusing UPSs with 5G. As long as you wear a tin-foil hat, you'll be fine.

Seriously, though... where are you getting this information? UPS's don't burn up power supplies, nor do they emit dangerous radiation.

It was my native language tech forum where did i get this information, they said the problem is battery's hidrogen gas could be harmful and they said something about electromagnetic field could be harmful in a long term. I don't know whether that's true, i just want to be sure because i really don't understand. Thank you again. I will buy APC BVX2200

Pronalt

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
To be really useful and to have the internet still running during a power cut, you would need the router to be connected to the UPS, thankfully it has four mains outlets

The question should be whether they're compatible, but whether it should run for 8 hours under heavy loads during a power cut. Let me know if it does if you get it

I will plug my pc and monitor too. So i think it will run for 5 minutes under heavy loads.

It was my native language tech forum where did i get this information, they said the problem is battery's hidrogen gas could be harmful and they said something about electromagnetic field could be harmful in a long term. I don't know whether that's true, i just want to be sure because i really don't understand. Thank you again. I will buy APC BVX2200

They are SEALED lead acid batteries. Unless you're sleeping inside a box with the UPS under your pillow, there's no harmful amount of hydrogen there.