• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] Can i use ssd without re-installing windows?

Jun 7, 2020
First of all, I want to thank the community for answering my previous questions. I am new to pc gaming and building. Now I use a 2tb hdd as my primary storge. I never used SSD before. My question is do i need to install windows on ssd if i want to use it? can i simply use the ssd without re-installing windows? if i dont install windows on ssd will it affect my pc perfomance in any negative way? Any help is appreciated , thanks again.

First of all, I want to thank the community for answering my previous questions. I am new to pc gaming and building. Now I use a 2tb hdd as my primary storge. I never used SSD before. My question is do i need to install windows on ssd if i want to use it? can i simply use the ssd without re-installing windows? if i dont install windows on ssd will it affect my pc perfomance in any negative way? Any help is appreciated , thanks again.
Yes you can use it but if you want to use it as BOOT disk (which makes most sense) you need windows on it.

Yes you can use it but if you want to use it as BOOT disk (which makes most sense) you need windows on it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS