Can I use the integrated video card of my desktop computer instead of the dedicated video card?

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I want to use the integrated video card of my desktop computer to see the difference between the dedicated video card and the integrated video card.

I've entered the bios and enabled the integrated video card, then, in device manager I've enabled the integrated video card and disabled the dedicated video card but I'm not sure that I'm using the integrated video card, so I've entered the bios again and set the bios to boot with the integrated video card, but when I rebooted my computer it only showed the HP logo and then nothing more so I rolled back to boot with the dedicated video card but I want to try the integrated video card.

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

And how do I plug it into the integrated card? On the back of my computer I can only connect it to my dedicated video card.

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

On the motherboard? Inside of the computer? Because on the back of my computer I can only connect it to the dedicated video card.

Diamond-HP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
It will probably be a VGA connection not a HDMI like your GPU uses.

Also you will have to go into the Bios once you have the cable connected and change your Graphic preference, it may do it automatically but its alway's good to check.

........curious though, why would you want to do this? a discreet is usually (almost always) the better visual platform.

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

I haven't got any VGA connector, there's only 2 connectors on my dedicated video card (DVI and HDMI) but I'm using an adaptor because my LCD monitor is about 10 years old, and there's nothing more to connect a monitor, I want to do this because the dark zones of the pictures, videos and games I play are so dark that I don't see anything, so I would like to use the integrated video card to see if the problem is the dedicated video card, and I've seen at game debate that my integrated video card could be better than my dedicated one (Because I've got an i3-3220 3.30GHz but I'm not sure if the integrated video card I've got is the i3-3220 3.30GHz Intel HD Graphics 2500 version or just the Intel HD Graphics 2500 and my dedicated video card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 620.

There's also 2 (I'm not sure if they are) connectors blocked by 2 black plastic pieces which say "Do Not Remove" and on the upper side says "DVI" I don't know what is this.

My system is a prebuilt one.

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

i3-3220 (3.30GHz) (I think the integrated video card is an Intel HD Graphics 2500 or i3-3220 (3.30GHz) Intel HD Graphics 2500 version which I think is better)
8 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

There's also 2 (I'm not sure if they are) connectors blocked by 2 black plastic pieces which say "Do Not Remove" and on the upper side says "DVI" I don't know what is this.

My system is a prebuilt one.