Can I use the Windows 8.1 MOBO Driver Suite for Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeradom

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
So, finally looking to take the plunge into Windows 10 after I put it on a family member's computer. And I figured that after the update, I'd just do a refresh and take it back to the beginning while I was at it. The issue I'm having is that I'm not sure if the drivers I have are compatible with Windows 10. When I went to the manufacturer, it only has up to Windows 8:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68%20Extreme3%20Gen3/?cat=Download

So, I was just curious if those drivers will work for Windows 10, or if I should just wait.

Update: I found the list and saw that my motherboard isn't "officially" for use with Windows 10. But I'm curious if that's the case, is it okay to upgrade to begin with? And as long as it is, I assume I can still do a refresh on it, yes?

Solution
Go to the ASRock site and see if they've got updated drivers, just to be safe. If not, then I agree, you should be fine. Few mobo's are Win 10 certified, but I had no issue updating several older machines, the oldest being maybe 5 years old.

gangrel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2012
Go to the ASRock site and see if they've got updated drivers, just to be safe. If not, then I agree, you should be fine. Few mobo's are Win 10 certified, but I had no issue updating several older machines, the oldest being maybe 5 years old.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.