can i use the windows 8 upgrade on a windows 7 30 day trial?

Dec 17, 2013
i am waiting for my parts to come for my gaming pc and i want to get windows 8 for it.

i have a windows 7 32bit pro disc and i can use that for the 30 day trial.

but i want to get windows 8 as cheap as i can (€59.99 student deal) but its only an upgrade from windows 7.

i asked a microsoft chat assistant and she said i could, but im not sure if she understood what i meant....

so i want to know can i use windows 7 30 day trial without activating it and upgrade using the windows 8 upgrade?

Hello... like a driver licence, Car, credit card, car insurance card... Every one should have one, and if you plan on Computing for the rest of your Life, you should own your OWN OS... you need to buy a KEY and not Upgrade software at this time in your life.

Dec 17, 2013

no, i dont think you understand.

i dont have my computer yet hopefully next week i will.

so what i want to do is get windows 8 pro student upgrade for €60

but i dont have an os yet and i dont want to pay €120 for full windows 7

i have a windows 7 disc but no license and if i install win 7 i get a free 30 day trial without a key.

but i want to know is can i upgrade to windows 8 from the windows 7 30 day trial if its not activated?

Hello... I understand, Why spend $$ if you will not Own a key? you will be no farther along in life, with your needs... Windows will be looking for a KEY in your OS... you can try any Microsoft Software for a free trial, why not just load the Windows 8 one?
Do you think you found a way to circumvent the MICROSOFT Company software key requirments... LOL.

Dec 17, 2013

because i need to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8 or i can get the student deal. but i dont want to pay for windows 7 key if i will only be using it to get the windows 8 upgrade if you get what im saying?

Hello... you need a Windows key no matter what your plan on Doing... you get what I'm saying? your purchase will not get you a Windows key, an upgrade is not a WIndows key... an upgrade will always require you to insert a DISK with the proper Key on it for that type of Upgrade.

Dec 17, 2013

so why am i paying for the upgrade:heink:

Hello... it is a reduced price option for a newer model, giving you credit for your former version purchase, but is tied to your former version Windows Key... you will not recieve a new key with it... SO your former Windows7 now becomes a Windows8 version, without paying new version price.

Dec 17, 2013

so i can upgrade but i cant use windows 8 unless i get a key? is there anywhere safe to buy official windows 8 key? i know you can get one on amazon for windows 7 but not windows 8

Dec 17, 2013

ok, would it be cheaper to download a windows 8.iso and buy a key or just buy the actual full version off microsoftstore.com?
#

Hello... There are many places to look for Low cost Un-used keys... craigslist/Ebay/local computer re-cycling centers/GoodWill...etc. but if you want retail versions with or without disks, do the student deals at all your local educational institutions, it really is the best price breaks.