Can I use this hard drive

Solution
Yo,

Yeah, you will be able to reuse the hard drive as long as it is working. If it has files on you need to format it. (You can do this during the Windows Installation) and then install Windows as a fresh install. How long have you had the WD 500gb drive exactly since you say that it is 'old'.

Agreeing with ThatVietGuy, a spare sata port will need to be available for pluging in the sata data cable (but you will most likely already have some spart headers) and a sata cable from your PSU to connect to the hard drive for power.

Since you say it is 'old', I'm hoping it isn't an IDE drive.

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Yo,

Yeah, you will be able to reuse the hard drive as long as it is working. If it has files on you need to format it. (You can do this during the Windows Installation) and then install Windows as a fresh install. How long have you had the WD 500gb drive exactly since you say that it is 'old'.

Agreeing with ThatVietGuy, a spare sata port will need to be available for pluging in the sata data cable (but you will most likely already have some spart headers) and a sata cable from your PSU to connect to the hard drive for power.

Since you say it is 'old', I'm hoping it isn't an IDE drive.

Solution