[SOLVED] Can I use this motherboard with this power supply?

Solution
Are you sure that I will be able to connect to the 8pin connector? Cuz that's what I'm scared about. When I try to align the PCIE connector to the picture it looks like it wouldn't fit at all? Like to the 8pin in one of the corners.

You're using the wrong connector.

There's two different 8-pins. The "PCIe" is for your graphics card. It's a 6+2-pin. The power supply also has a "CPU" power connector that is a 4+4 that plugs into the motherboard.

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
Sure. There should not be any issues using the Corsair Vengeance 550M with the ASRock B450M Pro-F motherboard.

-Wolf sends

@Hyperxprince - Red text usually means hyperlinks.
Are you sure that I will be able to connect to the 8pin connector? Cuz that's what I'm scared about. When I try to align the PCIE connector to the picture it looks like it wouldn't fit at all? Like to the 8pin in one of the corners.

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
Yes, I'm sure. These connections are industry standards. If it's not fitting, you have it the wrong way.

-Wolf sends
And also do you have any idea on how to connect the 6pin with the 2 pin? Thanks for replying so fast.

Edit: I don't know but I tried to align it in every direction possible and it still doesn't look like it fits... Are you 100% sure it would work? Also, do you have any suggestions because I'm changing my CPU, GPU and mobo? Possibly even HDD would I have to change something? Also, I'm ready to order and would be really sad if it came and it doesn't fit.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
People often get confused with these cables. They have 8 pins on one end and 6+2 on the other. The 6+2pin end plugs into the graphics card. The 8-pin plugs into the power supply. Also make sure you're using the right cable. There's likely also an 8-pin EPS (12VATX) cable that plugs into the motherboard CPU port.

-Wolf sends

There's two different 8-pins. The "PCIe" is for your graphics card. It's a 6+2-pin. The power supply also has a "CPU" power connector that is a 4+4 that plugs into the motherboard.

Solution

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
People often get confused with these cables. They have 8 pins on one end and 6+2 on the other. The 6+2pin end plugs into the graphics card. The 8-pin plugs into the power supply. Also make sure you're using the right cable. There's likely also an 8-pin EPS (12VATX) cable that plugs into the motherboard CPU port.

-Wolf sends
Hey uhhh I just saw that the 8pin thats not like removable said CPU not GPU 🤦‍♂️ . So the PCIE goes into the graphics card...?

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019

I just checked but the cable still doesn't look like it fits at all? Am I missing something? I tried to align the cable labelled CPU to the mobo and there is no way it would fit?

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019

-Wolf sends
I just checked but the cable still doesn't look like it fits at all? Am I missing something? I tried to align the cable labelled CPU to the mobo and there is no way it would fit?

TRENDING THREADS