Question can I use this psu in my system?

Alectrona

Great
Jan 15, 2024
I'd look into a 650W from the similar series. The RX580 was a power hungry card. If you're buying into the RX580, I'd avoid that card in 2024.
I already own the rx 580, ive been told it should work perfectly fine in this system from others... I'm just seeing what people think on the forums.

I already own the rx 580, ive been told it should work perfectly fine in this system from others... I'm just seeing what people think on the forums.
I don't see the point in limiting yourself to a 550W PSU in 2024. Not to mention that getting a better overall PSU is an investment in the the system. For $90 you can get a 750W SeaSonic Focux GX ATX 3.0 with is vastly better than the A550BN. The extra $30 is worth every penny.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Alectrona

Great
Jan 15, 2024
I don't see the point in limiting yourself to a 550W PSU in 2024. Not to mention that getting a better overall PSU is an investment in the the system. For $90 you can get a 750W SeaSonic Focux GX ATX 3.0 with is vastly better than the A550BN. The extra $30 is worth every penny.
my brother gave me it... of course im going to put it to use... I already own everything

Alectrona

Great
Jan 15, 2024
of course if I was buying I would go for a 650 watt or 750. but your simply not anwsering the question asked in the thread.

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
👍just making sure it wont exceed wattage
It will be close to the max capacity. This means extra stress on the PSU, high draw at the wall socket and possibly more noise.
But yeah, it will work. And of course, it will not draw a lot of power all the time, only under load.

It's better to have extra wattage and greater efficiency because it means the PSU works closer to optimum and you pay less for electricity.
But you didn't ask if the MAG would work closer to optimum or save electricity. ;)
So the answer is yeah, it will work.

Don't be surprised by occassional spikes in power draw from your GPU. Power hungry cards can suddenly demand a lot of power. Happens in a split second but has been known to cause problems.
This is why beefier and higher quality PSUs are recommended.