[SOLVED] Can I use this screwdriver set to install motherboard standoffs?

Solution
I have a similar kit, and I rarely find it useful.
They are cheap and fittings fall out.

Your best single tool for pc assembly is a long #2 magnetic tip philips head screwdriver.

My most recent case, (the cm haf xb evo) actually came with an adapter nut to let you use a screwdriver .
Nice, but finger tight and perhaps snug with pliers works well.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello Everyone,

I'm about to build a PC for a nephew and wondering if this toolset that I have can be used for installing motherboard standoffs into the case?

If I can, which part of the set do you recommend using?
Probably.

Which part?
Whatever hex adapter fits on the standoffs.

NOTE: Be careful with the screwdriver bits. Those sets are pretty cheesy metal, and WILL bend if you stress them too hard.

What I can see of the images, that screw driver have a thinner handle than most bit screw drivers because it's meant for very small parts (perfect if repairing small things like clocks, etc). But for computer cabinet screws and standoffs, I'd rather use a regular sized bit screw driver because it's easier to remove a screw and have a better feeling on how much force when inserting the screw.

I have a similar kit, and I rarely find it useful.
They are cheap and fittings fall out.

Your best single tool for pc assembly is a long #2 magnetic tip philips head screwdriver.

My most recent case, (the cm haf xb evo) actually came with an adapter nut to let you use a screwdriver .
Nice, but finger tight and perhaps snug with pliers works well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS