[SOLVED] Can I use two 6-pin connectors and a 4 pin connector to substitue for two 8-pin connectors?

Jun 11, 2020
I am trying to see if my rig can support a RX Vega 64. This card requires two 8-pin connectors, but my PSU only has a 6+2 pin, 6 pin, and 4 pin connectors available, all seemingly separate wires. Can I take the 6 pins from my 6+2 connector and the remaining 6 pin and 4 pin connector and use those to substitue for the two 8 pin connectors needed for this card?

Solution
No. You cannot use wires from other connectors to supplement your power supply's lack of needed connectors. At least, not unless you want to set fire to your new card.

Your graphics card requires two 8 (6+2) pin power connectors.
Your power supply has one 8 (6+2) pin and one 6-pin connector.

Your power supply is not sufficient to run your new card and attempting to do so may damage both.
Replace the power supply (or return the card).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
No. You cannot use wires from other connectors to supplement your power supply's lack of needed connectors. At least, not unless you want to set fire to your new card.

Your power supply is not sufficient to run your new card and attempting to do so may damage both.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jun 11, 2020

-Wolf sends
Thanks. I'll pass on that GPU then.