Aug 4, 2020
I used to have Google Home’s Wifi mesh system but I recently switched to Orbi. Orbi mesh points don‘t have ethernet ports and I was wondering if I could use Orbi and Google Home mesh systems at once.
(I have Verizon FIOS 300mbps wifi, if you’re wondering)

Solution
They will not actually function together but they will coexist as well as any other wifi coexist. The more wifi you add the more interference you cause. There is only limited wifi bandwidth and you and all your neighbors are trying to use it. So in addition to your own equipment likely stomping on your signal your neighbors and all there mesh stuff stomps on.

You should avoid using any mesh or repeater system unless you have no other option.

If you have tv coax in rooms you might consider moca. Most verizon routers have a built in moca adapters now days so you would only have to buy them for the remote rooms.
They will not actually function together but they will coexist as well as any other wifi coexist. The more wifi you add the more interference you cause. There is only limited wifi bandwidth and you and all your neighbors are trying to use it. So in addition to your own equipment likely stomping on your signal your neighbors and all there mesh stuff stomps on.

You should avoid using any mesh or repeater system unless you have no other option.

If you have tv coax in rooms you might consider moca. Most verizon routers have a built in moca adapters now days so you would only have to buy them for the remote rooms.

Solution
Aug 4, 2020

What’s moca?

TRENDING THREADS