UnforgetableGaming

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Can i mix this ram Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 with this ram HyperX FURY Series 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL10 DIMM Memory Module - Blue because one of my corsair ram sticks has broken can not get a replacement due to them being discontinued if not can someone find me one that i would be able to use with it

Solution
Well I dont think XMP will work so you will have to manually set ram speed and timings, try 1600mhz CL10. Like said above mixing RAM might cause issues or it may not even boot. Typically ram using the same ICs will work fine together, but if you for example get one stick with SK Hynix IC's and one stick with Micron ICs they may not play well together. And usually what ICs a particular ram stick is using is not listed in the specs unfortunately, only way to find out is to pull the heat spreader off and look at the chips on the stick or find someone else who has.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well I dont think XMP will work so you will have to manually set ram speed and timings, try 1600mhz CL10. Like said above mixing RAM might cause issues or it may not even boot. Typically ram using the same ICs will work fine together, but if you for example get one stick with SK Hynix IC's and one stick with Micron ICs they may not play well together. And usually what ICs a particular ram stick is using is not listed in the specs unfortunately, only way to find out is to pull the heat spreader off and look at the chips on the stick or find someone else who has.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS