[SOLVED] Can I wait for ryzen 3rd gen or i will go with present procceor

Jan 31, 2019
I'm really confused between two things can i go with i5 9th gen or I wait for ryzen 3rd gen cpu . Please tell me who will perform better in gaming .

Solution
both intel and amd will launch new chips amd with 7nm and intel with 10nm and both will have significant improvements over current chips, improvements which are worth the wait.. if i right now have a potato system i will keep at least until the end of this year and get 3rd gen ryzen

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
both intel and amd will launch new chips amd with 7nm and intel with 10nm and both will have significant improvements over current chips, improvements which are worth the wait.. if i right now have a potato system i will keep at least until the end of this year and get 3rd gen ryzen

Solution

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Why not wait to see what both companies bring to market in about 6 months. If you pull the trigger now you will be doing the "oh man I should have waited" thing. Plus that gives you more time to save up money for a killer rig. I always say AMD is for the pc "nerd" that knows how to tinker with this and that in the computer world, and Intel is for the person that wants to buy it and turn it on and use it.

WildCard999

Titan

Hard to say without any 3rd gen testing but if your just gaming (no streaming) then I'm sure you'd be happy with the 9600K.