Question Can I wake my PC from any Bluetooth device?

alipmcg

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2014
I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet, which comes with a Bluetooth keyboard. It is possible to wake the tablet from sleep by pressing a key on the keyboard, so I'd like to know if I can wake the tablet with another Bluetooth device, specifically a Nintendo Joy-Con. At the moment, the option to 'Allow this device to wake the computer' is grey for the Joy Con, and for the Bluetooth Enumerator that it connects with.

I ran powercfg -devicequery wake_programmable and powercfg -devicequery wake_armed, and in both cases the only device it returns is "Realtek I2S Audio Codec", which doesn't seem to be connected to the keyboard. I don't know how the keyboard is able to wake the PC from sleep when it isn't on this list, so am I misunderstanding what the powercfg results mean? I've tried running powercfg -deviceenablewake "Joy-Con (L)" and it tells me I don't have permission to do this, even though I'm Admin user.

If anyone can help with this or point me in the direction of a solution, I'd be very grateful.

Last edited: