Question Can Integrated graphics draw too much power?

Jan 27, 2020
Hi,
recently i purchased a new processor for my pc(Intel i5 4590) and it worked fine for a day when it just broke and didn't work. I tried everything to get it back and running, but every time I enter a game like LoL or CsGo it just crashes(Frozen screen and a high pich beep) and needs to be reset manually. When i turn off the drivers for the integrated graphics the game works, but with 5-10 fps. After trying everything I figured it might be the power supply not being powerful enough or something like that. I don't know what else to do so please help me if you can.

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't know. There is not a single marking on the power supply, it's just a gray box that comes with the "SMART BOX" prebuild from Blackberry. So i have no idea.

well ok, despite that PSU being probably terrible, cuz no self respecting PSU would have no labels or anything, integrated gpus never draw more power even than their dedicated same counterpart, they just cant go around generating too much heat, maybe you could try another psu just to rule that out, but since it boots and in a way run, theres always the chance of the igpu circuit being borked.

Jan 27, 2020
well ok, despite that PSU being probably terrible, cuz no self respecting PSU would have no labels or anything, integrated gpus never draw more power even than their dedicated same counterpart, they just cant go around generating too much heat, maybe you could try another psu just to rule that out, but since it boots and in a way run, theres always the chance of the igpu circuit being borked.
From what I found the PSU is between 450-560 watts which is more then enough, but since it worked for a day or two i suspect it could be a driver issue but i tried everything when it comes to drivers even reinstalled windows to be sure and still nothing. Unfortunately i don't have a second PSU on hand to try using it, but it's probably not the PSU. Games run with the drivers disabled(at 5-10 fps) but not with them enabled. Anything else I can try?

From what I found the PSU is between 450-560 watts which is more then enough, but since it worked for a day or two i suspect it could be a driver issue but i tried everything when it comes to drivers even reinstalled windows to be sure and still nothing. Unfortunately i don't have a second PSU on hand to try using it, but it's probably not the PSU. Games run with the drivers disabled(at 5-10 fps) but not with them enabled. Anything else I can try?

well, when the drivers are disabled so are several instructions on the GPU, thus why it either doesn't run games at all or the frames and wonky, but runs, i have more suspicions that there issues with the IGPU since your reinstalled everything, it might just work with the basic windows drivers cause else no vid, and no vid means you can't install anything....

try to reset your bios settings just for the kicks out of it, remove the CR2032 battery on the motherboard wait a minute till it discharges put back and load default settings, also, it happens with any game? 2D and 3D ones? gpus renders 2D and 3D differently, sorta.

Jan 27, 2020
well, when the drivers are disabled so are several instructions on the GPU, thus why it either doesn't run games at all or the frames and wonky, but runs, i have more suspicions that there issues with the IGPU since your reinstalled everything, it might just work with the basic windows drivers cause else no vid, and no vid means you can't install anything....

try to reset your bios settings just for the kicks out of it, remove the CR2032 battery on the motherboard wait a minute till it discharges put back and load default settings, also, it happens with any game? 2D and 3D ones? gpus renders 2D and 3D differently, sorta.
After some testing it seems to be crashing under heavy 3D load, not 2D. Didn't reset the BIOS yet, will do it now.

Jan 27, 2020
Also i realized that the driver date on the intel website is year 2020, but after instaling the drivers it says that the driver date year is 2019. What could that be ?

Jan 27, 2020
So you removed your PSU and saw that hidden side?

View: https://imgur.com/a/UkmmqyE

This kind of information should be on every PSU and if it's not there then I would be scared. This is just a random picture from google but it should be a table like that.
Yes i checked all sides and nothing pretty sure it was removed a long time ago. It's not the PSU that is the problem i think im pretty sure it's the drivers. I download 2020 drivers shows as 2019 drivers.