can Intel DZ68PL motherboard overclock an i7 2600k???

Aug 10, 2018
Hello everyone...hope you all are doing great...this is my first ever question in this forum...

Recently my pc got shut off in a lightning strike...and when i checked the individual items on my friend's pc of same specs, i concluded the motherboard is blown off, rest components works fine. So i want to buy another motherboard to replace it, but as LGA 1155 platform is very much outdated these days, so no new motherboards are left in the market, and i don't want to get a used motherboard as i don't have a great experience with used PC parts in the past...

So, there's this fairly reputed local seller who is trying to sell me an Intel DZ68PL motherboard...he says its an old stock but brand new OEM board and it comes in a white box, and it actually look super clean and new and also has the seal of the static bag intact as in case of new pc parts...he said it only supports 2nd gen processor and not 3rd gen as the bios update needed to run 3rd gen on Z68 board was never released by Intel for this particular board...and i dont have a problem with it as i am not planning to upgrade to Ivy Bridge anywhere in future....and on top of that he will provide 1 year seller's warrant...he is asking 44 USD (3,000 INR) for it...

So my question is can this motherboard overclock an i7 2600k to 4.0Ghz? i am not looking for any higher clocks as am completely satisfied with its performance at 4.0Ghz.

My PC Specs:-
Core i7 2600k (OC to 4.0Ghz)
Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3(the one that got blown off)
16 GB (4*4GB) Generic DDR3 1600mhz RAM
Gigabyte GTX 970
500GB WD Blue HDD
PSU - Supermicro PWS-665-PQ

Solution
Yes, that is a moderate overclock and Intel DZ68PL could handle it. Intel motherboards go for stability/reliability first, performance second, so you might not get above 4.0GHz.