Question Can Intel non k cpus be overclocked to 4ghz

yolothebaws

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
I have heard in a few places that locked (non k) Intel CPUs can be over locked to up to 4ghz, can anyone give me a definitive answer to whether or not this is true?

yolothebaws

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
I'm thinking of using an i5 3570 in a z77 motherboard to see if I can get any more performance out of it than I am at the moment, do you think it is possible to get it to 4ghz?

Jan 3, 2020
I'm thinking of using an i5 3570 in a z77 motherboard to see if I can get any more performance out of it than I am at the moment, do you think it is possible to get it to 4ghz?
What about the multicore enhancement or intel turbo boost . I'm not sure on that but my h110plus motherboard pushes my i7 7700 to 4 ghz

Turbo applies to one core when workload and temperature conditions permit.
The number is 3.8
If, instead, you were to use a i5-3570K I might expect to see 4.2 on all cores with a decent cooler.
It makes sense to buy a K suffix processor if your motherboard has overclocking capabilities.

yolothebaws

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
What about the multicore enhancement or intel turbo boost . I'm not sure on that but my h110plus motherboard pushes my i7 7700 to 4 ghz
What is multicore enhancement, is it where you disable two cores so it reaches max frequency on the two remaining cores? If it's that it is no use my games perform worse that way

Jan 3, 2020
It's In the bios I believe. Might be called mce . Or something of that nature . I just know my sons pc which is i7 7700 runs at 4 ghz .. and his motherboard is very basic no overclock options. My z390 mother board has it also that I had to disable because my air cooler is not enough and it runs a little hot. Just do a search with your motherboard and see if it comes up. What's the motherboard you have . Not just z77 . Like mine is 2390 aorus ultra

Jan 3, 2020
Intel boost is what you wanna look for . I just did it . Multicore enhancement may help . I'm not sure since it's a non k both options may not be available . But like sizzling said probally z motherboards most likely will have that. Which u should