Can internet connection stutter game - FPS drops?

maris

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
i am playing Moonlight blade from EU on CN server and noticed that when i have FPS drops at place where are lot of players game download speed is 1.5-3.5mbps, while speedtest.net shows that my download speed is ~20mbps
so that FPS drop happens only when new players loads, after all players are loaded and not using any skill, then fps is back to max

another thing what i noticed that when game has over 3mbps, then ping going up from 300ms to ~1.5k ms

there was 1 more problem, which i think i fixed by deleting Tentent QT, QBrowser and CQS from game folder... before i deleted them i had Desktop window manager GPU usage up to 70%, when i had same FPS drops in crowded places while game was loading new objects and players

maris

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
btw... 20mpbs to CN is without VPN, i am not sure what is my download in WeGame(Tencent integrated VPN), but when i was playing with paid VPNs like Pinzapper, AirVPN, then my download speed was 0.5-5mbps and in crowded places i had ping up to 100k ms while game loaded all players