Can internet shortage during game download corrupt files?

benwinwood6

Reputable
Nov 10, 2017
I have been having some strange fps issues with FN and after resetting windows 10 and reinstalling all drivers, Io have been downloading the game. It installs while downloading.

Half way through my internet cut out and I had to reset to start the download again.

Is it possible for this to have caused some sort of corrupt file/fps issue?

I would rather know now, so I can format my hard drive and start from scratch. I want EVERYTHING squeaky clean.

Solution
I'm at work right now so I can't check for sure, but there should be an option in the Epic Games Launcher to 'verify' game files. If it finds anything that's corrupt, it re-downloads that file.

Otherwise you could just uninstall the game(and launcher) and re-download/re-install. You don't have to re-install Windows.

If you are worried about uninstalling and having left over files on your system, you could use Revo Uninstaller: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
(download the Pro w/ the free trial - the free version only works with 32-bit application. Pro works with both 32bit & 64bit)
What that app will do is perform the normal uninstaller... then afterwards it will scan for any left over files and...

toshibitsu

Distinguished
I'm at work right now so I can't check for sure, but there should be an option in the Epic Games Launcher to 'verify' game files. If it finds anything that's corrupt, it re-downloads that file.

Otherwise you could just uninstall the game(and launcher) and re-download/re-install. You don't have to re-install Windows.

If you are worried about uninstalling and having left over files on your system, you could use Revo Uninstaller: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
(download the Pro w/ the free trial - the free version only works with 32-bit application. Pro works with both 32bit & 64bit)
What that app will do is perform the normal uninstaller... then afterwards it will scan for any left over files and allow you to delete them.

Solution