Question Can ITunes media from an old MacBook pro be transferred to Windows 10 ITunes?

elgranpagan

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Can ITunes media from an old MacBook pro be transferred to Windows 10 ITunes?

I have a client who saved her MacBook pro ITunes media contents (220 mbs) with many songs and albums - saved to a flash drive. Now she wants to transfer that iTunes media to a Windows 10 iTunes installation. First – all the iTunes media came from an old MacBook pro – no idea what model. Second – when we connect the flash drive storing the iTunes media files, we cannot see any song content. Also, the file copy reads 220mbs in the folder properties, but we only see about 500kb of data and no songs.

Is there a way to restore this data? The old MacBook pro is gone. I was hoping that there would be some way to convert the old iTunes media so that it could become readable in a Windows 10 iTunes installation.

Please help.

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
220mbs? Or Gigs?

Yes it can. But the USB needs to be formatted ExFat before files are put on it. I use this method when I need to put a CD on my Mac since I don't have a CD player and my wife does on her pc. Would take USB to another mac and see what was copied. It could have copied, but not correctly which is why the odd appearance in windows.

Grace and peace.