Question Can lack of RAM cause massive FPS drops/lags?

Apr 25, 2019
So, I played Pubg today, I have it Graphic Settings on Very Low, capped at 60 fps, yet it takes too much time to load the game itself, many times I am on the plane when it finally loads totally, also I have fps drops to even 1 fps (and of course to 15- 28- 50 etc)
in AMD Radeon Settings, it shows that my GPU is not good enough, but everyone else says it should be fine... What is wrong now? Can RAM cause these kind of things?
MB: asus prime z390mplus

HDD: Western Digital 2TB IntelliPower Sata-600 64mn RED

Cpu: intel core i5-8600 3100mhz

RAM : corsair 4gb ddr4 2400mhz value (2x) -> so 8gb

GPU: sapphire radeon rx570 8gb ddr5 nitro oc

corsair 4gb ddr4 2400mhz value (2x) -> so 8gb

Memory modules sold as Singles are not guaranteed to be compatible in configurations other than as Singles. Corsair Value RAM is some real low-end economy model memory. I suggest using a Single Kit of 2666MHz memory, maybe a 2x8GB kit.

i5-8600
Supported memory: DDR4-2666

You don't list what the memory is actually running at. Combining multiple modules sold as Singles can cause the memory to no longer be able to operate at rated specifications.

Western Digital 2TB IntelliPower Sata-600 64mn RED

WD Red NAS Hard Drives
RPM Class: 5400

The slow RPM speed makes these drives good for NAS and business applications
https://www.wd.com/products/internal-storage/wd-red.html
They are not recommended for gaming.

Reactions: xxxtaintedxxx
Apr 25, 2019
Okay, so first of all thanks for the replies, rgd1101 I'm not at home right now, but I'll try testing it as soon as I'll have the chance to.

SgtScream & Calvin7: If you were in my shoes, to what would you change these current hardwares? Thanks a lot in advance.

Apr 25, 2019
during game
cpu/gpu temp and usage?
ram/hdd usage?

make and model of the psu

Hi, so I had the chance of checking it today, my CPU was 35-60% usage, GPU 50-100%, but it jumped down to 0-2% when I was getting the huge lags when I couldn't even move,
'Disk' (HDD) was 100% all the time, RAM was 95-100%. I couldn't find temp.

Edit: On the left side, I had the icons which mean the following (according to PUBG description about them):
  • High latency: Alerts you if your ping/latency is getting too high
  • Latency variation: Alerts you if your latency variation changes are too high
  • Packet loss: Alerts you if your ratio of packet loss is too high

Note: I do not understand why would I have high ping, if I have a rather good internet connection, these icons mostly shown when I have those total fps lags/drops, when the whole game just stops like its frozen (1FPS).

Apr 25, 2019
List your hardware specs.
16gb RAM/ Intel i5 3550 / ROG Strix RX 570 4gb / 260W PSU (primary),300W PSU (GPU only) My system manager (I think that's what it's called) says that my CPU and GPU are just chilling at 20% and my ram is at maximum. I'm updating my RAM soon but My MB is a bit finicky so I've had to send RAM back a few times.

Apr 25, 2019
The above is just one aspect holding your system back. The i5 processor is also under-powered and is contributing to lower fps. You're really due for a platform upgrade at this point to get the desired FPS necessary for PUBG. I personally wouldn't invest any more money into that system.
how would my CPU be holding me back when it's consistently not going over 50%