Can lithium ion batteries last 8 months without a charge?

Damen Alexander

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
{ http://www.cnet.com/products/acer-iconia-a1-830/ } <-----that's the tablet. The screen broke on it, 8 months ago, I recently replaced it and now it can't hold a charge, it while charging the tablet will actually decrease in percent, last night after sleeping for 8 hours the tablet was still at 98% (it took an additional 15 mins to full charge). I know a little about lithium ion batteries, how ions have to move around and stuff, and I was wondering if it will take a while for those ions to maybe realize, oh yeah, were ions. Do I need to replace my battery?

Solution
Bit confused about what the issue is. If the battery was not used for a long time, it may take a long time for it to charge again. I've seen iPads that did not turn on till after you charged them for a full day.

You said it charged to 98% and then "fully charged" after that, so what exactly is going on?
Bit confused about what the issue is. If the battery was not used for a long time, it may take a long time for it to charge again. I've seen iPads that did not turn on till after you charged them for a full day.

You said it charged to 98% and then "fully charged" after that, so what exactly is going on?

Solution