[SOLVED] Can Loose PSU Connector Cause CPU Overheat?

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
Hi,
I've been dealing with some sudden, abnormally high CPU temps, nothing INSANE but still annoying because it makes my fan crank up. THE CPU keeps spiking to 60C in desktop. I was wondering if my loose PSU cable could be the cause? Could voltage be weirdly affected or something? This is just a shot in the dark, as this starting happening when I replugged the cable in, and it seems to wriggle around a little bit.

Thanks

Solution
Hi,
I've been dealing with some sudden, abnormally high CPU temps, nothing INSANE but still annoying because it makes my fan crank up. THE CPU keeps spiking to 60C in desktop. I was wondering if my loose PSU cable could be the cause? Could voltage be weirdly affected or something? This is just a shot in the dark, as this starting happening when I replugged the cable in, and it seems to wriggle around a little bit.

Thanks
No, most likely candidate is that the heatsink has shifted and is not in good contact with the CPU.

RealBeast

Titan
Hi,

Thanks
No, most likely candidate is that the heatsink has shifted and is not in good contact with the CPU.

Solution