Question Can M.2 port on motherboard be faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlikethat424

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
My electrical outlet didn't have earthing done, due to which I was experiencing shocks on my metal keyboard .. By the time I sensed the issue, my M.2 ssd already got fried, and I had to RMA it. Now, even after getting the new M.2 SSD, I'm experiencing random I/O freezing and system freezing when idle. I booted from a SATA SSD to see if I was experiencing similar issues, but the system seems pretty stable. So I'm guessing the M.2 port on the motherboard might be damaged .. Should I proceed to RMA it? or is there another way a proper diagnosis can be carried out. I've already tried replacing the PSU, and tried other troubleshooting steps, such as running a memory test using memtest86, and checking the M.2 drive for errors. Is there anything else I can try before proceeding with an RMA for the motherboard?

Hardware :
CPU: Intel i5-12400
RAM: 32 GB XPG GAMMIX D45 3200MHz
M.2 SSD : 512GB XPG GAMMIX S5
MOBO : ASUS PRIME H610M-E DDR4
PSU : Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze V2

Solution
Yes, the motherboard can be damaged. Did you give Adata the whole story when you sent in your drive? I'm surprised they accepted an RMA for something that wasn't their fault.

justlikethat424

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
Nope, they didn't requested for any story, and I just reported it as not working. On the box, it's written lifetime warranty, but I highly doubt it, as max they go on for 5 years of warranty on amazon

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Nope, they didn't requested for any story, and I just reported it as not working. On the box, it's written lifetime warranty, but I highly doubt it, as max they go on for 5 years of warranty on amazon

A warranty covers *their* flaws in manufacturer, not issues in your electrical system. What you're doing is both morally and legally fraudulent, even though it's extremely unlikely that there will be consequences (other than us not helping).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS