[SOLVED] can m1 run cyberpunk 2077?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
So I was wondering if cyberpunk on a m1 mac if you give a windows virtual machine with 12gb ram and 6 cores?
Will you be able to play at low settings?

USAFRet

Titan
So I was wondering if cyberpunk on a m1 mac if you give a windows virtual machine with 12gb ram and 6 cores?
Will you be able to play at low settings?
Why are you asking the same question again?

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
Why are you asking the same question again?

it is not the same question because this time I was specific

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
can you give me 2 reasons?

something you have to realize about virtualization in general is that VM machine is isolated but all those system calls have to be either emulated or translated and retargeted to real hardware. M1 doesn't have the required hardware features. And even if it had, directX 12 rendering stack cyberpunk uses would have been a show stopper.

Apple M1 platform is quite formidable at what it was designed to do, but it isn't gaming. It's great at DTP, editing videos, browsing web and general office tasks which is precisely what the platform is typically used for. If AAA games are your main interest, Apple hasn't been particularly interested in that segment since early 90's. Even Linux for all its fragmented forest of distriubution flavors is better gaming platform than MacOS. Apple has been sticking to the 20 80 rule for decades, and for the most part it has worked great for them. High end gaming just isn't within their scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.